Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, New Look

Happy belated New Year!! So I've totally moved on from making New Years resolutions...but trying to just keep on point in general with the goals I set for myself in life. And beauty has been something I've been dabbling in a bit more, like many of us, sometimes we crave a new look, new vibe, new you. So it all sort of started with the most horrific hair cut last month, dare I say it... I went to a random Aveda salon in midtown. I know, wtf was I thinking going on a whim to a hairstylist other than my girl Jenny at Mudhoney on Thompson. Well...just like I said, I was craving a new 'do, and boy did I get it. My hair got hacked off in a straight line, no pieces cut for texutre, and mind you I have really curly fine hair that has a tendency to frizz. So, of course Jenny saved the day and fixed me up a few days later...but the damage was already done. I had short curly hair that dried to fro-y mess above my shoulders! Ugh...so for the past month, I've gotten to know my blow dryer and flat iron very well again...we're old friends from my college days, so it's not like I was clueless...just out of pratice. But along with my tools, came tons of more products...anyways long story short...I straighten my hair the majority of the time, and funny thing is, is that it makes me feel like a different person. Like I'm fooling the world with my little secret. lol Ok a little too dramatic.

So, with my new hair, I got inspired to freshen up my makeup. And, here I am with my inspirational pics taken from December Allure. (yes, kinda old now...but I've obvi been a bit behind with my blog game). The pic above is a shot for the eyeshadow, unfortunately my scanner doesn't really work, and my BB pic must suffice. I'm obsessed with the lining of the eyes, and using the metallic shadow above and below the eye.

I love Carey Mulligan, her haircut is super cute, and love the dramatic black eyeliner!


Second, inspiration is the bright color lipsticks. I'm now in search of an awesome coral color!


This is me in Sephora after I attacked all the lipsticks in search of the perf color. I didn't commit yet...still need to check out MAC.
Well I'm glad I got my blog on again...til next time!
xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment