Friday, August 21, 2009

Break it down

This is my first installment of the "break it down" series. Basically I've seen so many New Yorkers that have great style, that I want to feature different people that inspire me and have them "break down" what they are wearing. I'm always intrigued by how one item can be worn so many different ways.

Today's first "break it down" victim is the cutest girl named Sophie, spotted on Crosby and Broome St. She not only has a perfect summer outfit on, but has the most charming Irish accent. You just want to wrap her up and take her home! She was more than delighted to answer questions on her outfit and fashion faves...enjoy! xo, B


Name: Sophie Powers

Occupation: Student

Hometown: Dublin, Ireland

What are you wearing: Vintage red sailor pinafore dress with a Velvet daydress underneath, Antik Batik gold gladiator sandals, a latin ring from Marc Jacobs accessories, a portrait ring from Forever 21, Topshop studded bangle and a Marc by MJ groovee bag.

Fave Designers: Too many! I adore Antik Batik, Elizabeth and James, Marc Jacobs, Tracy Reese, Free People...if I could afford it Marchesa, Temperley, Stella McCartney, Marni, Golden Goose, Christopher Kane heels.

Must have article of clothing: a really unique pair of heels/wedges...I adore the Terry de Havilland purple and gold wedges, I wear them all the time and they are so comfy. I have never seen anything else like them either!

Fave item you own: a green punky hobo bag from Jamin Puech (which I stole from my mother) and a pair of brown suede riding boots I picked up for $4 dollars at a Mongolian black market!!! They are so warm and have beautiful green detailing on them. I love how different they are and they evoke such great memories.

Fall Lust: a used Stella McCartney black blazer from Ina and Marc Jacobs Mens cashmere plaid oversized tshirt (to wear as a dress!)...to name but a few!

Last Purchase: an Antik Batik sequin Wallace dress...I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment