Sunday, October 25, 2009

KCC Farmer's Market

Well, I basically ate my way through last Saturday's visit to the KCC's Farmers Market. It goes from 7:30am to 11:30am every Saturday...and the locals know that you can get there at 6:30am to claim your early pickings of fruit, flowers or food to purchase when the registers open an hour later. My grandpa used to be one of those early risers, but apparently their papayas are not what they used to be, he says! I started my morning with a hibiscus ice tea...absolutely perfection on the hot and sunny day. This place is great to try a bunch of stuff, and the flowers are beautiful and well priced! luvs...B

This place had really good plate lunches, and I love it when they put out a food menu so you can see what you can order!


I orderd the Kalua pork over rice, but forgot to take a pic of the real thing before I devoured it!




Ahmed ordered the seared Ahi Tuna steak...it was sooo good! I liked it better than my pork, plus I'm not a big pork eater, but figured I was in Hawaii and it's the place to eat it.


Bale potato foccaccia bread...this was a hit with my Grandma. It's easy to buy desserts for my Grandpa's sweet tooth, but my Granpma is a little pickier. Hmm, that must be where I get it from, wink wink.


Bale sweet potato turnover, this was yummy, I kept forgetting to take pics before I started eating...oops!


Beignets, they were good, it's the French version of fried dough and powdered sugar...more like a wannabe malasada...lol


Vegan poke salad, it didn't do the "fish" trick for me, but Ahmed liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment